Subject to terms and conditions set forth herein, doors manufactured by SOUND FIRE DOORS are guaranteed for five (5) years from the date of delivery by SOUND FIRE DOORS to be of good material and workmanship, free from defects which render them unserviceable or unfit for normal use or as specified by purchaser. Acoustic doors manufactured by SOUND FIRE DOORS will normally be faced in tempered hardboard and is E1 green rated (duracote finish), experience has shown that duracote is tougher, stronger, less susceptible to moisture absorption/loss than mdf and/or plywood faced doors, and provides a more even and smooth surface for painting. If requested SOUND FIRE DOORS can quote and manufacture doors using certified products recognised by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Australian Forest Certification Scheme (AFCS) and the Programme for Endorsed Forest Certification (PEFC).
Acoustic doors manufactured by SOUND FIRE DOORS have been independently tested by HOWHUA RESEARCH Pty Ltd at National Acoustic Laboratory (NAL) in Chatswood and/or site testing, (single leaf) certification stating Rw rating are available upon request. Testing Procedure AS 1191-1985 was used. Doorsets tested at NAL were 200 x 900.
If doors are supplied as pairs or oversized some performance loss may occur. As SOUND FIRE DOORS has no control over the onsite conditions such as, e.g. floor finish, wall construction, room size, quality and quantity of hardware fitted, installation (if by others) and enviromental conditions, the site installed performance can not be guaranteed, we
welcome and encourage independent site tested on any of our doors and will offer whatever advise and assistance is deemed necessary to help achieve required Rw ratings. Frames must be backfilled to achieve acoustic rating.
SOUND FIRE DOORS recommends all acoustic doors Rw35 and over be hung with a minimum of (4) four 100 x 100 x 3.2mm ball bearing, SS grade 304 or 316B more hinges may be required depending on door size. Doors should be pre-drilled and hung with parallel shank screws having a double thread for maximum performance.
If doors are required to have veneer facing, please note that natural variations in the colour, texture or grain pattern of the wood are not to be considered defects.
Acoustic doors must be accorded reasonable treatment by the purchaser and should be stored or hung in dry buildings and not in damp, moist or freshly plastered areas, where the moisture content of the skins and edgestrips may increase abnormally, leading to the development of warp. The utility or structural strength must not be impaired in the fitting of the door, the application of hardware, or cutting and altering of the door for lights, louvres, panels or any special detail. The purchaser is responsible for receiving, handling and installing doors in a careful and workmanlike manner. Doors are usually delivered without protective coatings and must be protected.
Where installation is by others, SOUND FIRE DOORS should be contacted for both consent and installation procedural information to assist in achieving acoustic performance. Items to be considered include backing of frames (all acoustic frames must be backfilled) with mortar, or vermiculite and setting plaster (not foam or fibreglass), ensure structure is adequate to carry load of doorset, timber jambs ensure wall and jamb surround is sealed with acoustic mastic min 10mm wide, tolerance, gaps to head and stiles, floor finish. For all acoustic doors of Rw35 and over SOUND FIRE DOORS recommends the use of a threshold seal equal to Lorient 4000 series.
All doors must be inspected by purchaser within 7 days of delivery, should the purchaser not be satisfied with the quality of the doors, SOUND FIRE DOORS must be informed in writing as to the concern prior to the doors being hung and/or having any finish applied to them. If doors are to be replaced, SOUND FIRE DOORS will replace the doors within 48 hours subject to availability of materials and quantities, no installation or finishing costs will be borne by SOUND FIRE DOORS under any circumstances. SOUND FIRE DOORS is not liable hereunder to reimburse the purchaser of doors repaired or replaced without the written consent of the manufacturer to such repairs or replacement.
DOORS MUST BE SEALED ON ALL 4 EDGES and BOTH FACES WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVING TO SITE WITH A SEALER THAT WILL PREVENT THE ABSOPTION OR EXPLUSION OF MOISTURE FROM THE DOORS, FAILURE TO CARRY THIS OUT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY IMMEDIATELY. PAINTER and/or PAINT MANUFACTURER MUST WARRANT THIS SEALER
Immediately prior to hanging the door at least the bottom edge must receive a sealer coat (we recommend an oil based sealer) to prevent absorption and/or expulsion of moisture.
Immediately after the door has been hung the entire door, including the top edge must receive minimum two coats of paint, varnish or sealer to prevent absorption of moisture and/or shrinkage. Applying a water based sealer or worse watering down a water based paint and applying this to a door DOES NOT SEAL THE DOOR.
A TWIST/WARP NOT EXCEEDING 5MM ON DOORS UP TO 2100 X 900, OR 6MM ON DOORS UP TO 2340 X 1020 SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
The warranty is subject to the following matters being excluded as defects:
- Variation in geometry of doors, unless not in accordance with AS2688-1984 for squareness and flatness.
- Natural variation in colour and texture of timber.
- Variation in plywood veneers, unless in accordance with AS2270-2004 or AS2271-2004. Please note SOUND FIRE DOORS will only use duracote preprimed tempered hardboard skins for all doors. Plywood skins will only be used at the direction of the purchaser, as we do not recommend the use of paint grade plywood skins.
- Normal show through, it is not recommended to use high gloss finish where reflected lighting may exaggerate show through.
- Doors not accorded reasonable treatment by the purchaser and should be stored flat or hung in dry buildings.
No Warranty is given on doors with a leaf size over 2340mm high or 1020mm.wide Australian Standard AS 2688–1984 is only applicable to doors with a maximum size 2340mm x 1020mm
INTERPRETATION OF WARP
- Warp shall be interpreted as meaning the cupping/twisting of doors. It refers to distortion within the door itself and not its relationship to jambs or frame in which it is hung. Warp-exceeding tolerances noted
- above should be considered a defect only.
- When cupping is determined by applying a straight-edge to the concave face of the door, or
- When twist is determined by placing the door face against a true plane surface.
- Dimensions of Doors for all doors up to 2340 high x 1020 wide
- Tolerance on nominal size, height +/– 2mm, width +2mm, -0mm, thickness +1mm, -2mm.
THE GUARANTEE AGAINST WARP DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Doors with face veneers of different species, which may result in varying moisture content and/or metal cladding to 1 face only, which will result in varying moisture content through different absorption and shrinkage rates.
- Doors that are improperly hung or which do not swing freely.
- External doors painted in dark colours and/or high gloss which allow exposed face to lose moisture through the absorption of heat energy and receive proper finish depending on degree of exposure, including additional protection by flashing, etc. We strongly recommend that all external doors have a metal channel capping fitted to head, and have a flashing above the head.
- Painter must prepare door and sand between coats.
The objective of painting a door is to seal the timber, so that the absorption or expulsion of moisture is prevented. Your paint supplier should be consulted as to the number of coats required to effectively seal the door. It is the responsibility of the owner to maintain an ongoing adequate seal, according to the paint suppliers recommendations to prevent deterioration of the doors.
Experience has demonstrated that when warp, delamination and/or defects occurs after delivery, it is usually due to improper storage or adverse moisture conditions after hanging, not to faulty manufacture. SOUND FIRE DOORS will accept no responsibility for the development of warp, delamination and/or defects when the moisture content anywhere within any component falls below 10% or exceeds 15%. SOUND FIRE DOORS do not recommend the use of High Gloss Finish paint on solid core panels. Veneer grain showing through a painted finish shall not be considered a defect. Mdf faced doors in external situations or area subjected to moist conditions will void this warranty. Doors being choked open with blocks and/or wedges after they have been hung which will induce stress on the hinges or worse pull the hinges off will also immediately void this warranty. SOUND FIRE DOORS does not accept and/or assume responsiblity for conditions wholly beyond its control.
Nothing herein contained shall exclude the rights which any purchaser may have as a result of a breach of obligations imposed on manufacturers and suppliers by the Trade Practices Act or similar State or Territory Laws. SOUND FIRE DOORS reserves the right to change specifications and price without prior notification.