Subject to terms and conditions set forth herein, doors manufactured by HOWHUA DOORS are guaranteed for five (5) years from the date of delivery by SOUND FIRE DOORS to be of good material and workmanship, free from defects which render them unserviceable or unfit for normal use or as specified by purchaser.
Doors are manufactured using a silica-based fire rated core material, which is 100% asbestos free, under fire conditions this core will not emit toxic gases, smoke and/or fumes. All door skins are minimum E1 rated.
Doorsets manufactured by HOWHUA DOORS have been tested by HOWHUA RESEARCH Pty Ltd by Branz New Zealand and Exova Warringtonfire in Melbourne and comply with Australian Standards AS1530 Part 4-2005 and will be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 1905 Part 1 -2005: HOWHUA DOORS can quote and manufacture doors using certified products recognised by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Australian Forest Certification Scheme (AFCS) and the Programme for Endorsed Forest Certification (PEFC).
SOUND FIRE DOORS recommends all doors be hung with a minimum of (3) three x 100mm hinges. Doors should be pre-drilled and hung with parallel shank screws having a double thread for maximum performance, the use of stainless steel hinges is not recommended as the thread strips on the metal backing plate fitted between the core and the timber edge strip and the doors may pull away from the hinges.
All doors must be inspected by purchaser within 7 days of delivery, should the purchaser not be satisfied with the quality of the doors, SOUND FIRE DOORS will need to be informed in writing as to the concern prior to the doors being hung and/or having any finish applied to them. If doors are to be replaced, SOUND FIRE DOORS will replace the doors within 48 hours subject to availability of veneers and quantities, no installation or finishing costs will be borne by SOUND FIRE DOORS under any circumstances. SOUND FIRE DOORS is not liable here under to reimburse the purchaser of doors repaired or replaced without the written consent of the manufacturer to such repairs or replacement
The warranty is subject to the following matters being excluded as defects:
- Variation in geometry of doors, unless not in accordance with AS2688-1984 for squareness and flatness.
- Natural variation in colour and texture of timber.
- Variation in plywood veneers, unless in accordance with AS2270-2004 or AS2271-2004. HOWHUA DOORS have chosen to use duracote (preprimed tempered hardboard) skins for doors in internal/external use for ratings of up to and including 4 hr for maxi and 2hr for mini doors.
- Normal show through, it is not recommended to use high gloss finish where reflected lighting may exaggerate show through.
- Doors not accorded reasonable treatment by the purchaser and should be stored flat or hung in dry buildings.
DOORS MUST BE SEALED ON ALL 4 EDGES & BOTH FACES WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVING TO SITE WITH A SEALER THAT WILL PREVENT THE ABSOPTION OR EXPLUSION OF MOISTURE FROM THE DOORS, FAILURE TO CARRY THIS OUT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY IMMEDIATELY. PAINTER and/or PAINT MANUFACTURER MUST WARRANT THIS SEALER
FAILURE BY THE PURCHASER TO ENSURE THAT THE DOORS.
- If not hung within 7 days of arriving to site then entire door must receive 1 coat of sealer to prevent absorption and/or expulsion of moisture. Applying a water based sealer or worse watering down a water based paint and applying this to a door DOES NOT SEAL THE DOOR.
- Immediately prior to hanging the door at least bottom edge ( including groove in bottom of door) must receive at least 1 coat of oil based sealer to prevent absorption and/or expulsion of moisture from the door.
- Immediately after the door has been hung the entire door, including the top and bottom edges must receive a coat of oil-based sealer and then a minimum two coats of paint to prevent absorption and/or expulsion of moisture from the door.
- Have been painted with a preparation suitable to eliminate damage caused by exposure to natural or induced elements.
- External doors receive proper finish depending on degree of exposure, including additional protection by flashing, etc. We strongly recommend that all external doors have a metal channel capping fitted to head. Mdf faced doors are not be used as external doors.
- Doors with different face veneers and/or metal cladding to 1 face only, which will result in varying moisture content through different absorption rates.
- External doors painted in dark colours which allow exposed face to lose moisture through the absorption. The use of mdf faced doors in external situations or area subjected to constant weather changing conditions will void this warranty.
- Paint grade plywood should not be varnished and/or stained or have high gloss paint used on them, veneer grain showing through a paint finish shall not be considered a defect. Please be aware that the plywood supplied does comply with current AS/NSZ 2771: 2004 even though the quality is getting worse every year and the availability is coming scarcer.
- Painter must prepare door and sand between coats, watering down a water based sealer to seal doors will immediately void this warranty.
The objective of painting a door is to seal the timber, so that the absorption or expulsion of moisture is prevented. Your paint supplier should be consulted as to the number of coats required to effectively seal the door. It is the responsibility of the owner to maintain an ongoing adequate seal, according to the paint suppliers recommendations to prevent deterioration of the doors.
Experience has demonstrated that when warp, delamination and/or defects occurs after delivery, it is usually due to improper storage or adverse moisture conditions before and after hanging, not to faulty manufacture. SOUND FIRE DOORS will accept no responsibility for the development of warp or defects when the moisture content anywhere within any component falls below 10% or exceeds 15%. Doors being choked open with blocks or wedges after they have been hung which will induce stress on the hinges or worse pull the hinges off will immediately void this warranty. SOUND FIRE DOORS does not accept and/or assume responsibility for conditions wholly beyond its control.
Nothing herein contained shall exclude the rights which any purchaser may have as a result of a breach of obligations imposed on manufacturers and suppliers by the Trade Practices Act or similar State or Territory Laws. SOUND FIRE DOORS reserves the right to change specifications and price without prior notification.